004PK - Large Ankh pendant in 18k gold
004PK - Large Ankh pendant in sterling silver EUR 74.00
B004PK - Large Ankh pendant with clasp in 18k gold EUR 468.00
B004PK - Large Ankh pendant with clasp in sterling silver EUR 89.00
004PK - 33.5 x 20mm / 1-5/8 x 3/4" / 4.5g
xxl-004PK - Very large Ankh pendant in 18k gold EUR
xxl-004PK - Very large Ankh pendant in sterling silver EUR 99.00
xxl-004PK - Very large Ankh
7.5gram / 49mm = 1,929" Sterling Silver
11.8gram / 49mm = 1,929" 18k gold
Cable Neck Chain
Sample for Ankh with clasp
|This is the character "Ankh", the old Egyptian
symbol of life. For Maurice White, Egypt was the place where it all
started and it all will end, best shown on the covers of "Raise", "In
the Name of Love" and "Avatar".
There seems to be some disagreement when it comes to the Ankh symbol (read "life"):
1. It does not mean life but resurrection, because the Ankh is composed of by a T-shaped cross, the symbol of death, and that is supposed to symbolize re-incarnation and is "the key to the gates of life and death".
2. Others say that the symbol represents the sun and that the "T" is the horizon over the river Nile. An early version is supposed to symbolize both sunrise and sunset.
3. Eternal life, and when it is shown in the hands of royal people it means "the gift of eternal life".
4. The key to the river Nile + the union between Isis and Osiris.
5. Life AND immortality.
6. Life AND man and woman.
7. Holy matrimony between gods/goddesses
8. Different combinations of the above.